Frequently Asked Questions
thermofer® | MESH
Health and Safety
All thermofer products have been tested by TÜV Rheinland/DEKRA and have a respective certificate. In addition to the safety of the products, their functional quality is secured with ongoing quality tests.
No! Because of its low surface temperatures, such as 40°C (surface temperature of walls) or 29°C (surface temperature of ceiling and floor), there is neither a risk of fire nor of being burnt. Our product has been approved in accordance with EN 13501-1:2010, fire classification E.
The thermofer heating system operates in the infrared radiation C range which is completely harmless to, if not health-promoting for, users.
No! In accordance with EN 62233:2008 (Measurement Methods For Electromagnetic Fields Of Household Appliances And Similar Apparatus With Regard To Human Exposure), the thermofer system can operate alongside other household appliances without restrictions.
Due to its low frequency of up to 50 Hz the impact on living beings and nature is rated as harmless.
For a rough calculation of your project, please use our configurator for a quick overview of the costs. For a personalised offer, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a further guideline, we have listed below a comparison of costs incurred by the most commonly used heating systems in relation to a single-family home (new construction, 150 m² of space) in accordance with the 2015 German energy-saving directive (Energieeinsparungsverordnung, EnEV).
Compared to other heating systems, the acquisition cost of a thermofer system are much lower (see figure)!
Acquisition cost incl. 19 % VAT in relation to a single-family home, based on EnEV 2015
The consumption values depend on the individual usage behaviour. Our calculations are based on 9.0 MWh for heating and 3.0 MWh for water per annum.
Compared with other heating systems, thermofer produces significantly lower operating costs (see figure)!
Operating cost incl. 19 % VAT in relation to a single-family home, based on EnEV 2015
A study conducted by the independent Institute for Applied Energy Simulation and Facility Management, ifes, from 2017 credits our system with consuming 50 % less energy compared to a modern gas-fired unit. This result was established for a renovated old building.
Usually, the utilities company will install a separate electricity meter which, on the other hand, enables accurate recording of your consumption and respective billing.
The heart of the thermofer low-temperature panel heating is a thin glass fibre mesh of approximately 1.5 mm that is coated with carbon nanotubes (CNT) and an insulation material. Electricity flows through these carbon nanotubes and creates an even, areal heat distribution due to the small mesh openings. Approximately 70 % of the heat reaches the room through radiation, and 30 % through convection.
- thermofer is installed invisibly in the wall, floor, or ceiling. The system does not require radiators, which allows for a modern, barrier-free and well-appointed interior.
- The installation required for the thermofer system is less compared to that for other systems as it dispenses with an elaborate pipe system which must be installed throughout the entire house.
- Neither does the system require any fluids so that damage caused by leakage can be excluded.
- The thermofer system does not feature any moving parts and therefore is low-maintenance.
- The heating does not cause any noises and is dust-free.
- The thermofer low-temperature panel heating system heats up clearly faster because the heating element is integrated near the surface and is combined with a thin, highly-efficient insulation layer – within a few minutes only, the required temperature has been reached.
- The system works with low temperatures due to the areal distribution of the heat, therefore any loss to the outside is minimal. Moreover, the energy provided by the utilities company is converted into heat at almost 100 % – a rate which is impossible to reach for conventional heating systems.
- The low operating temperature and the rapid warming up secure considerable savings of heating expenses and overall operating costs. Also, the resulting reduced energy consumption and minimised CO2 emissions contribute towards protecting our environment.
- Because of its robust design and particularly the dense structure of the mesh, lights, drapes, pictures, etc. can all be retro-fitted with ease. Should the glass fibre mesh be damaged by nails, dowels or screws, no repairs are necessary. This does not interfere with the system’s functionality.
- To ensure total operational convenience, all thermofer low-temperature panel heating systems can be connected to a smart control system which precision-adjusts the user’s individual preferences. If required, different parameters such as presence at home, outdoor temperature, direct sunlight and much more can be taken into consideration in the settings. It is also possible to pair the system with other devices (e.g. blinds) and operate the system using mobile equipment (iPad, Smartphones, etc.) while out or when at home.
Our heating elements are available in 210 Watt|120 Watt|55 Watt/sqm.
The thermofer|MESH is available in the following dimensions: <br>
2,000mm x 1,400mm; 2,000mm x 1,400mm; 2,000mm x 1,050mm; 2,000mm x 700mm; 2,000mm x 350mm; 1,000mm x 1,400mm; 1,000mm x 1,050mm; 1,000mm x 700mm; 1,000mm x 350mm; 700mm x 1,400mm
Yes, the system can be coupled with regenerative energy sources!
An additional energy storage device increases the self-sufficiency of your home.
That depends on the structure of the floor, wall, or ceiling. The more the thermal conductivity leads upwards and the thinner the material used, the faster the room heats up. Some common floorings such as carpeting, vinyl, tiles, etc. reach a temperature of, for example a maximum 29°C after approx. 7 – 10 minutes already.
The thermofer system is an excellent choice for a primary heating system, or an add-on unit.
Materials providing high thermal conductivity are ideal, such as tiles, stone, fair-faced floor screeds etc.; but even carpeting, vinyl and bonded laminate/wooden flooring can be used.
Yes, the thermofer heating system is ideal for handling any mould issues. Our system eliminates the relative humidity on the wall’s surface so that mould does not stand a chance.
We offer a control system geared to your individual requirements. From a simple on/off switch to a thermostat which adjusts the surface temperature according to your settings, to smart solutions that take into consideration different parameters (presence, outdoor temperature, window position…). You may use your Smartphone or tablet as a smart hub and control the temperature from a distance.
Yes, it is possible to personalise your indoor climate by specifically controlling individual heating elements.
thermofer® | FRAME
We offer the thermofer|Frame in 3 different dimensions:
M: 1,100 x 800 mm, 205 Watt (230 Volt)
L: 1,500 x 1,100 mm, 410 Watt (230 Volt)
XL: 2,100 x 1,500 mm, 820 Watt (230 Volt)
Frames M and L can be conveniently attached to the wall with the respective brackets, to save space.
All you need is an Allen key. Installation depends on the dimension you have chosen and can be completed in between 15 to 30 minutes.
Yes, you can connect the Frame to a thermostat and adjust the heat any time to your requirements.
Yes, you may, for example, use the thermofer|FRAME as a room divider. Covering it in cloth from both sides is ideal.
No. In wet rooms, safety cannot be guaranteed because of the supply voltage (230 V).
Yes, the system’s electrical safety has been EN 60335-1-certified by DEKRA.
45°C maximum. This means that you need not fear any risk of being burnt yet can enjoy a cosy warmth.
In closed rooms, the heat radiates at almost 100 % up to three metres inwards.
Between 0.205 kWh and 0.820 kWh per hour.
It is approx. 1.70 mtr long.
Yes, from simple control to radio technology to a solution with end devices (iPad, iPhone), everything is possible.
No, the product is maintenance-free.